- 1″ MOS Sensor
- 20x Optical, 32x Intelligent Zoom
- UHD 4K, 1080p, Variable Frame Rate
- Supports LANC Control
- 2 x Media Card Slot, HLG Recording
- 3.2″ LCD Screen, OLED Viewfinder
- Individual Zoom, Focus, Iris Rings
- Front-Mounted Mic with Front Audio Level
- TC In/Out, 3G-SDI, HDMI Out
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 Host, LAN Port
- New VLog recording function (V3 upgrade) provides the ability to capture the CX350s 13 stops of dynamic range, as well as more easily color grade content, especially for shared projects with the Panasonic EVA1 and/or S1H cinema cameras.
- Eight user-selectable gamma modes—HD, SD, Filmlike 1, Filmlike 2, Filmlike 3, Film-Rec, Video-Rec, and HLG for HDR recording.
- You can choose to output HDR over the 3G-SDI or HDMI output either individually or simultaneously.
- Provides a 16-axis color control of your image with three skin-tone control so you can isolate and adjust your colors precisely and protect your skin tones.
The 20x optical zoom lens has a 35mm focal length equivalent to 24.5 to 490mm. 24.5 is an extremely wide angle for a UHD camcorder. It features 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilization in both 4K and HD, which can be useful when hand-holding the camcorder. The lens also features individual lens control rings for zoom, focus, and iris. This enables manual control of your lens (in addition to servo), similar to the control you get on full-sized shoulder-mounted cameras.
Additional features of the lens include:
- Intelligent autofocus with subject tracking.
- Custom AF function: The autofocus speed can be set in 7 steps, the sensitivity can be set in 10 steps, and the AF selection area can be adjusted.
- The lens is controllable from third-party wired devices and also from iOS and Android tablets.
The AG-CX350 features SD card slots, providing you with a wide choice of media to choose from, all sold separately.
If you already have P2 cards, the camcorder is compatible with them with a caveat. The CX350 can record onto a microP2 card as an SD card, but please be aware that:
- microP2 card A series 64GB card (AJ-P2M064A), when used as an SD card, is recognized as Speed Class 10.
- microP2 card A series 32GB card (AJ-P2M32A) is recognized as Speed Class 4 for AVCHD only.
- microP2 card B series (AJ-P2M064B) is recognized as Speed Class V90 for all formats.
The dual SD media slots permit you to choose from the following recording schemes:
- Relay recording: As one card fills up, the recording automatically switches to the second card so you don’t have to stop recording.
- Simultaneous recording: Both cards record the same material at the same time.
- Background recording: Starts both cards recording simultaneously, but the run/stop button will pause the recording on one card.
Enhanced Network Connectivity
The CX350 has preinstalled support of NDI, which provides:
- Automatic discovery and ease of use
- Built-in support for NDI via NDI|HX (requires NewTek NDI|HX firmware upgrade)
- Ultra-low latency
- Camera control and tally
Wireless Control from Smartphone/Tablet
The CX ROP app for iOS/Android allows the following:
- Camera recorder information display/control user’s button
- Camera Rec start/stop
- Camera recorder output signal select (camera/color bars)
- White balance
- Master pedestal
- Paint (painting gain, painting black)
- Timecode/user’s bit setting
- User SW 1~9